I'm being punished, and it's backfiring spectacularly

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

miwako
Nuclear

I'm being punished, and it's backfiring spectacularly

Post by miwako » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 am

FIL decided that since I won't talk to him any more, he was going to take my husband on a trip, just the two of them, for my husband's birthday. After nearly a year he's finally getting around to booking it for a couple of months from now. They're going to go around and look at museums, something FIL hates and whines constantly whenever he has to do. My husband has suddenly realized that doing this means he will be away from me for 4 days and has been mopey every time FIL calls to talk about it. Me? I am going to be home alone for a long weekend, watching movies he doesn't like, leaving the blinds open to get some sun in this basement apartment, maybe invite a friend over to watch a show my husband also doesn't like. All the things I have to schedule around him I can do freely for the whole long weekend. I am positively giddy, and the fact that FIL thinks I'm going to feel bad about being left out makes me want to burst out laughing.

Melody
Nuclear

Re: I'm being punished, and it's backfiring spectacularly

Post by Melody » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:14 pm

Oh no Brer Fox! Please don't throw me in the Briar Patch!

Enjoy your rejuvenating weekend! And do post what you did versus DH's weekend went. :)

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:40 am

Thanks! I don't know how much he'll actually tell me about it because he doesn't like to talk about things when they go bad. But I am sure I will have more fun than they do! :D

WhyOhWhy
Infuriated

Post by WhyOhWhy » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:48 pm

This is brilliant! Try to resist helping your husband pack, because when he forgets things (if your husband is anything like mine, he will forget things) it will just add another log onto the fire of the "fun" weekend. When he returns, he'll hopefully find you refreshed and relaxed. They need to be reminded just what PITA their family members are every so often.
*** Stop telling lies about me and I'll stop telling the truth about you. ***

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:34 am

The think I'm going to have to be careful about is letting him be on the phone with me the whole time. When he was away with the Army years ago he wanted to be on the phone with me nearly constantly and it was maddening. I couldn't do anything else because I had to have the phone glued to my ear the whole time. It got better once he had his own phone, this happened 20 years ago, but I'm going to need to be firm that he's going on this trip to spend time with his dad, not mope that he can't see me.

WhyOhWhy
Infuriated

Post by WhyOhWhy » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:53 pm

Turn your phone off, Hun. That will solve that problem.

I hope you have a wonderful time filled with lots of self care!

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:06 am

I gotta live with him afterwards, so I think turning off my phone for 96 hours will cause some strife later. :lol:

WhyOhWhy
Infuriated

Post by WhyOhWhy » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:04 pm

True, but it doesn't need to be on 24/7.

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:27 am

That's a good compromise. I just know if it's off the whole time he will panic and call the police to do a health and welfare check. :lol: