New Game:A Time you put ILs in their place

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

New Game:A Time you put ILs in their place

Post by PutMILinherplace » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Ok, so I havent seen much posting going on. I know we are all busy so I thought I would start this "game" and see how long a thread we can get going and maybe help give suggestions to others who are suffering.
Rules
1 -Tell about a time you put the ILs in their place/outsmarted them.
2- try to keep 1 incident per post . But unlimited posts. Lets see how long we can get this thread. Mix in some minor and major
3- No admissions to murder...seriously. The admins have enough to deal with without invoking first amendment rights while battling subpoenas. :wink:

'Ill start off small. My kids were toddlers then and we weren't NC yet with MIL. Now my mother always had a bit of advice for the girls in our family; Never mess with another woman's man or kitchen cabinets...my MIL never followed that advice. So I come into my kitchen and cant find stuff. Yall she had so mess up my kitchen organization.

MIL : Oh I straightened your kitchen up. It was so silly how you had stuff arranged.

Me: EXCUSE ME? I had it arranged exactly how I wanted it. How dare you!

MIL: WELL! See if I ever do anything for you again.

DH actually fussed at me because after all his mother was just doing something nice (He now sees it was just a control thing for her) The next week while she was at work I went into her house and rearranged her kitchen. I put pans in the laundry room above the washer & dryer , dishes under the sink, laid her utensils out on a cabinet shelf, poured the sugar in several old butter containers, you get the gist. Oh, when she got home she came storming over demanding to know if I was in her house. Hubby was home and still in the fog at that point

Me: Why yes. I was so thankful for you reorganizing my kitchen that I wanted to thank you by redoing yours while you were working. It was such a mess and I spend alllll day working on it. I said while smirking

DH: Oh, that is so nice, isnt mom?

She just spit out something and left. She never messed with my kitchen cabinets again though 8) Game , set, match.
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.

miwako
Nuclear

Re: New Game:A Time you put ILs in their place

Post by miwako » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:05 am

There was a time a few years ago that my SIL was in town visiting her grandmother. She came to see us, uninvited, and after having been there for some time started complaining that my husband was using swear words. I said rather angrily, "This is MY house." She never complained about us using curse words in our own home again.

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Re: New Game:A Time you put ILs in their place

Post by PutMILinherplace » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Here is another story that I actually shared before.

So MIL was trying to get her claws into a newly widowed gentleman in our neighborhood. Nice guy, adored his wife. She insisted we have him over for dinner. I did because I liked him. Now MIL has a reputation in our neighborhood of being a nutcase she just doesn't know it. At the time my first born was only about a 18months old and eating at the table with us. Of course a toddler is a bit picky so she would not eat certain foods

Seeing her opportunity to prove how superior she is, MIL starts berating me about how I should make my child eat what is put in front of her. I am a horrible mother and I am raising a spoiled brat. She goes on for several min with miserable DuH chiming in. I let them go on ticking me off and making our guest noticeably uncomfortable.

A few min after the bit**fest ends, I casually offered our guests some broccoli knowing full well he would politely turn it down because I know he does not like it.

"Its quite funny, Mr. neighbor, " I started, calmly," When an adult turns down a food they do not like it is no problem but if a CHILD, who can be easily bullied does so , well we must FORCE them to eat. Perhaps I should take a fork and force you to eat some whether you like it or not. I mean we wouldn't want you to be a spoiled brat or anything. "

MIL turned red, Duh stopped eating and looked at me with shock (realizing he screwed up and was so going to get it later) I just kept on eating and smiling. Our guests had a wide grin on his face and I found out later was sure to let all the neighbors know that I put MIL in her place. Funny, MIL didn't talk the rest of the night and never asked us to have him over again. Wonder why?
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.