Any advice to make baby calm?

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Rustod
Annoyed

Any advice to make baby calm?

Post by Rustod » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:54 am

My baby is just 3 months old, and she cries after every few minutes. I tried various ways to make her calm, like I swaddled her in my arms, used baby swing, played different musics, but nothing worked really well. Is there any other way to make her calm? Like, any way to make her stop crying within few minutes?
Last edited by Rustod on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Any advice to make baby calm?

Post by Melody » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi there and congrats on your new baby! Try not to stress, it does get easier!

Assuming she is fed and changed, what comes to mind is what is she eating? Are you nursing? I ask this as my oldest (of four) was colicky - but it seemed mostly after I visited the in-laws. In this case the culprit was my drinking a glass of red wine gave her gas. She also was uncomfortable after I ate kiwi and my second broke out in rashes if I drank orange juice.

If you are not nursing, maybe you need to switch formulas.

Talk to your pediatrician who has seen it all and may be able to give you some valuable advice.

Phred
Site Admin

Post by Phred » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:22 am

We used the strategies from "Happiest Baby on the Block with GREAT success with our daughter. Specifically, the "Fourth Trimester" info and "The 5 S's" were super helpful and always had people telling us how calm she was... even though we knew better. :)

Even now, almost 10 years later, if my daughter starts breaking down over something, I can pull her in tight, gently rock her side-to-side a bit, and "shhhhhhhh" directly beside her ear and I can physically feel her heartbeat slowing down.

Regarding the "Fourth Trimester" and Swaddling part of "The 5 S's," I literally couldn't swaddle my daughter tight enough. She wanted to be as absolutely tight as possible all the time. And we also double-swaddled her because she preferred to be ridiculously warm. And, again, almost 10 years later, she still prefers to be wrapped tightly in her blankets with 2, 3, 4, or even 5 blankets on top of her when she goes to sleep at night. She would rather sweat all night than be cold. :lol:
Fred
Site Admin

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:36 pm

Ok, dont laugh. My eldest calmed down when I held her upside down. No, I am not kidding. I flipped her over by holding her with her back against my stomach, good hold on shoulders and other arm around her stomach. Yeah, it was weird but it worked. She loved it and would start giggling as I did the bounce us moms do.
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.