Freakin' Yea!!!!!!

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Freakin' Yea!!!!!!

Postby Melody » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 am

So DH tends to "backslide" sometimes which drives me crazy. But this week when his father called (Oden) about having us run up for "lunch" (I.e. stepmonster puts out a half a bag of stale potatoe chips and whatever expired in her refrigerator - gag!)

DH told Oden he "misunderstood" and proceeded to tell him we had "plans" (I wanted to go to a local park - something we could have done whenever). He invited him, but he couldn't have backpeddled any faster. He had a "sign to put up" today. Really? Retired schedules must be tough - you can only put your sign up on a Sunday?

DH then talked about RSVP no to the nephew's "coffee and cake" the following weekend.

He DID apologize to me and tell me that I was "right all along" about his family. Yippee!!
Melody
Nuclear

Re: Freakin' Yea!!!!!!

Postby IrishLass » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 am

Yay for your DH not being a DUH anymore melody!! I hope this means more happy stress free plans for you from here on out!
IrishLass
Fuming

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Your DuH to DH graduate may need an extra cookie in the near future. :lol: Positive reinforcement is extremely effective. Cookies are so much better than stale potato chips.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby meimei » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am

That is awesome news!! Hope he continues to see the light. :D
meimei

Postby Melody » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 am

@Irishlass - thank you, but DH gets emotional sometimes so I would say it was more like graduating from being a DUH to a DuH, lol.

@Rubcrownedkinglet - absolutely! He does very well with hugs.

As for the potatoe chip thing, its beyond ridiculous. And the excuses are over the top. FIL can't be bothered, and stepmonster comes up with 101 stupid exuses like she "doesn't eat lunch" - while she's slurping down a McDonald's milkshake. Stepmonster has made an effort if HER family was visiting (mostly storebought dishes she pretends she cooked then spends time in the kitchen hiding the packaging). Or she goes OUT to lunch with them.

I solved that problem by bringing food (a tray of lasagna and a vegetable platter). DH's brother's wife took the que and started bringing food as well. But at least now the REAL problem - as in the "company" is being addressed. Hallelujah!

@Meimei - thank you and precisely!!!
Melody
Nuclear

Return to In-Laws Talk