Inappropriate Anniversary Card

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Inappropriate Anniversary Card

Postby MadCatLady » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:35 am

From MIL:

Photo of an old couple sat together (black and white jokey card)

"Getting your leg over doesn't have the same appeal as it used to do"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I mean, really! what a lovely card to send to your SON
MadCatLady
Fuming

Re: Inappropriate Anniversary Card

Postby bsfighter1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 am

Uh... unless your DH gets it, and it's some type of inside joke, I seriously think this lady needs to be banned from the 'humorous card section' moving forward. Seriously, they should have humour police, and give tickets to people who couldn't be funny even if they had a lampshade on their head while doing the polka.

Final Verdict for your MIL: to be relegated to the generic card section until the day she dies.
"I've learned that with narcs, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, it makes the heart grow free."
bsfighter1
Fuming

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:57 am

Weird and gross. Any reference to your own child's sex life is not appropriate. Ew.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am

I am shocked by the card. It takes a lot to do that too!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby MadCatLady » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Just to add to the bizarreness,

That card was addressed solely to DH, she put it in the envelope along with a more suitable card to the both of us.

Freud would probably have a field day with that ;)
MadCatLady
Fuming

Postby Yacky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Wowza, how creepy and inappropriate. She's basically trying to get your husband to view you as "no more fun anymore between the sheets", which of course is a conversation better suited as a joke between good mates rather than from a mother to her son.

Strangely, it's the sort of sick humor my ILs would have, but they'd be loathe to have it in print form that could be thrown back in their faces. They prefer their passive-aggression to be more covert and less traceable so that if called out on it, they can claim it was misinterpreted or taken the wrong way.

You could have your husband hang onto it and send it back to her on her own anniversary 8) Although, of course, I often prefer not to stoop to their level, but the thought of it brings joy to my face.
~~ Some people really need a great big high-five....to the face....with a baseball bat ~~
Yacky
Enraged

Postby MadCatLady » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 am

She's basically trying to get your husband to view you as "no more fun anymore between the sheets", which of course is a conversation better suited as a joke between good mates rather than from a mother to her son.

Yes, I have to say my friends have found it hilarious :lol: (sometimes it's nice to have physical proof - people must think I exaggerate things :wink: )

I did consider keeping it and sending it back to her at Xmas (but that would involve paying for a stamp :wink: ) as I think she just sees it as universally true (she had a rubbish marriage therefore everyone else must also have a rubbish marriage) she has very little concept of what is and isn't appropriate generally.
MadCatLady
Fuming

Postby JustPlainHateHer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:08 pm

What a jerk! Throw it in the trash and do not forget. No more nice ones. Remember that wonderful really has a negative connotation as full of wonder...like weirdo. So find wonderful ones for the future...oh so subtle. But you will know :twisted:
JustPlainHateHer
Enraged

Return to In-Laws Talk