If you could trade places to "help" another board ...

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

If you could trade places to "help" another board ...

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Member (s) with inlaw situation or foo. Who would you help and how?

I would gladly take Miwako's place at a family gathering. Fil wouldn't know what hit him when I verbally let him have it. Unfortunally, I would probally unintentially cause problems for you with your Dh Miwako but my heart is in the right place.

I would help Yacky by skyping the inlaws with my lingerie collection in the background with the children out visiting friends. I would make it awkward!
Last edited by Hiddenjem on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: If you could trade places to "help" another board ...

Postby momjeans » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Mara. I would rain down a reality of epic, legal, proportions on them.
If you don't want to be part of the show, don't heckle the comedian.
momjeans
Angry

Postby IrishLass » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm

I would pick Mara as well. I haven't had a grand old "disagreement " in a long time. Hit that IL family so hard their clothes would be on display in a museum for historical reasons and the bodies would never be found. ;)
IrishLass
Fuming

Postby Mara » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:44 pm

momjeans wrote:Mara. I would rain down a reality of epic, legal, proportions on them.

That would be great! I find satisfaction in contemplating the humiliation MIL would experience in having her family's abusive, reprehensible, immature behavior exposed if/when we go to court. :D
Mara
Angry

Postby blue iris » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Without hesitation, I would help Mara. But since I am not as clever or as resourceful as many of you seem to be, the bodies would probably be found. :o

IrishLass, your post made me literally laugh out loud! :lol:

Hiddenjem, great thread you started!
blue iris
Fuming

Postby jigglypuff » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

I would trade places with willthetruthbetold after reading her last post and smack her evil ILs with a shovel :twisted:
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'
jigglypuff
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 am

I would offer Hiddenjem and her DH great jobs in a town far away from the ILs. Then I'd find her DD a full scholarship to a nice school near enough to their home that she can live at home or on campus and visit on weekends, but far enough from her old boyfriend that they move on from each other.

I'd hire Mara a kick-ass attorney. One of those brilliant bulldogs that can handle any situation to get her the best outcome possible.

I'd call Willthetruthbetold's FIL and tell him there is $100K buried in the common area of his skeazy condo and I've hidden a map and shovel for him to find it and dig it up. Maybe he will call GSIL to help.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby Melody » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 am

Oh Mara, I think we all feel for your sorry. :(. This is really crappy what you are going through. Regarding Rubycrownedkinglet and Hiddengem I wouldn't mind showing up to a "Redneckia event". I might even find it entertaining. I live in an expensive area, but our volunteer fire departments (a few members are professional butchers) often respond to someone hitting a deer (A BMW of course) with road kill stew AND a box of the finest "wine", ROFLMAO.
Melody
Nuclear

Postby Photomama16 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 am

Mara for sure..if for no other reason than to slap the daylights out of your PIL's. Then I would hire you an attorney that could get them to leave you alone.

Also Yacky. I do believe I would have to fix things so the in-laws never decided to video chat with DH again. I would have to do something so overtly and blatantly obnoxious, that it embarrassed the hell out of them..
Photomama16
Angry

Postby miwako » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks Hiddenjem! I'd appreciate someone sticking up for me!

Ruby-I love that idea for WTTBT's FIL! For my part, while they're distracted I'll sneak in and change your contact info in their phones/address books so they can't contact you anymore.
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:24 am

Melody,

If you came here and went to Walmart in a dress, people will approach you and want to know why you are dressed up. "What is with the dress?" Yes, it happens to me every single time. They would even guess wedding or funeral! Yet, they may be wearing hunting gear (including a camo hat) in a grocery store! It is insane!

Women even ask me why I wear make up in the local grocery store! Dh asked me why I do so today when I was getting ready. I answered him that it is because I have the option. Honestly, it is because I aspire to be my best and dressing up and making myself look my best gives me a armor against the reality of Redneckia!

I would be thrilled to actually show you around the crazy that is the reality for this area! I drive twenty minutes away from "Redneckia" most of the time to get away from this place! It makes a huge difference! The Midwest does have other people who remind me the reality of the South ( in the city.)

I have a keychain with the name of the sports team of my former state in the South. I love the horrified reactions of the locals when I do go the nearby grocery! They can have their Midwesr team pride and I can have mine!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby JustPlainHateHer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Well, I think you would trade places with me. Rid of them all!!!! yay!
JustPlainHateHer
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Ruby,

I just found your sweet comment! I am so touched by what you wish you could do for us! Thank you!

I do have good news! Daughter may of found a babysitting job that is nearby and works wirh her school schedule! Work study has been cut to 10 hours verses 18 because of th scholarship. It is a little thing (babysitting job) but could be a sign of better things in the future!

Plus, she has a medical volunteer job possibility at the local hospital that could lead to a job after college and or during summers! Plus, medical professionals references!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Just plain hate her,

True, moving away from here would solve getting away from inlaws and economic realities of "here." If only life was that simple! We are "fortunate" to own two homes... A mixed blessing!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Melody » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

@Hiddengem - I'm starting to be convinced Walmarts are a heck hole no matter WHERE they are located. I almost believe in time travel (reverse only - sure as heck not forward!)

I worked at one (for the big card vendor) for a while because I thought it would be fun, I could drop a little weight doing a physical job for a change, and I could get a discount on keepsake ornaments for holiday gifts. My coworker were lovely, but NONE of the rest turned out to be true.

They treat their employees so badly and their vendors even worse with RIDICULOUS rules.

I quite and decided if I really needed plastic crapola I would buy it from a more mom & pop shop that pays employees a living wage. I haven't set foot in one since.
Melody
Nuclear

Next

Return to In-Laws Talk