MIL's Love is Like a...

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

MIL's Love is Like a...

Postby PutMILinherplace » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:47 am

Thought this might be fun . So DH & I were joking around last night about his mother, (what a difference a few years makes) but his newest saying:

My mother's love was like a tire iron.

So what is your MIL's love like?
PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Re: MIL's Love is Like a...

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 am

Love? I don't think that she is capable of love or even smiling! Seriously, it would take a construction vehicle pull her face into a smile!

Mil's "love" is like a ... Manly Porcupine "love". :D

I apologize to all the kind, nurturing,and loving male porcupines.

(It is what the offspring and I refer to her as) She is defensive, accusing, hateful and rude.)

And ....

She looks like , dresses like , doesn't put toilet down, has haircut like one and acts masculine. Her interests are typically masculine as well. It is who is and it is fine except fair is fair. She wants all women to be like her unless they are goldens.

She hates "not goldens" women (such as dd and I) who aren't "masculine." She openly accuses women in dresses and taking time to look their best as suspicious and threat to the goldens in their motives.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Melody » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 am

DH refers to stepmonster as a "steamroller". He warned me early on that the best strategy is to "act like a turtle" because she's going to roll over you no matter what - best to just tuck in the limbs and rely on a hard shell.

Puke!
Melody
Nuclear

Postby momjeans » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am

MIL's love is like a weapon.

An obsessive weapon. Kind of like Glenn Close's character in the movie Fatal Attraction. An obsessed stalker driven to destroy someone and their family. In my case, me and my marriage.

All the love bombing, all the "I Love You" comments, hinged on expecting an "I Love You Too" in return (from me). Like really?! You're hell bent on destroying my marriage. Smearing my character. Heck, you've even tried to kill all my house plants. It's like, love me or else, with MIL. She's a desperate, insecure, covert narcissist, disguised as a saintly, church going do-gooder. She's evil. :lol:
Not my family. Not my flying monkeys.
momjeans
Angry

Postby Yacky » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 pm

My MIL's "love" is like a debt...

She doles out her version of it in order to (attempt to) tug people back closer to her as though they now owe her a life debt for the "privilege" of receiving a moment of her "love".

There's always a price to be paid if you accept it, so you just need to decide if the price in that moment is worth it in the long run.
~~ Some people really need a great big high-five....to the face....with a baseball bat ~~
Yacky
Enraged

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:04 pm

My MILs love was like a sticky, sweet-smelling spiderweb.

Each thread was spun and entwined by a lifetime of words about the importance of family. We were to do whatever we could to help the ESIBs and the PILs. Mil said her love was unconditional, but unspoken was the caveat: as long as we followed her wishes. She wanted to tell us when to wake up in the morning, and what to have for supper.

When DH and I escaped, she spun her web to suck us back in with P/A guilt and gaslighting as if she was the spider in the center of the best family in existence and we were trying to destroy it. We were breaking her heart by not living with or near her and dependent upon her the rest of our lives. That way we could be a Real Family.

Her natural children were so enmeshed in her web, they could not function after she died. ESIL died last year still stuck in MILs web. She was living in MILs house, surrounded by MILs things. EBIL who had never lived out from under MILs roof for any period of time, did not have a place to call home for years, couch surfing. After years of claiming he had no interest in her, (except convenient hookups) he finally married a woman who'd had a crush on him for years. She is 14 years his senior with a stable job who can take care of him, and she has her own home to give him a place to live.

I guess she makes a good substitute.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby bsfighter1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:54 pm

My Stepmonster Il's love is like a big, stinkin' dump.

And the enablers know it smells like do-do, but they plug their noses and roll in it anyway.
"I've learned that with narcs, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, it makes the heart grow free."
bsfighter1
Infuriated

Postby WatchingMyBack » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:08 am

This isn't original to me, but I always loved it:

MIL's love is like a Sunny Winter Day.

Shines Bright, No Warmth.

(the original was actually about a stepmother's love, but I thought it fit MIL. Loved to be the center of attention.)
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”
WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 am

Bsfighter,

I want to change my answer to your answer! It so describes mil!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby JustPlainHateHer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Like a noose around your neck
JustPlainHateHer
Enraged

Return to In-Laws Talk