MIL Selfish, manipulative

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

MIL Selfish, manipulative

Postby adele » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:20 am

I've been married for 21 years and my in laws have always been a thorn in my side. They don't like to see us getting along in life and my husband is the black sheep. But when they need work to be done, then he's part of the family. We're going through a rough financial patch and as usual, my family will always help us but his will not only make you feel bad about asking for help they won't help at times. His brother has always lived off the family and he gets the most respect because him and his wife are both rude and both much younger than us. The latest now is we borrowed under 1.5k from the mother and whenever I speak to her she has to tell me about how financially stressed she is. The best part is that she only brings this up in front of me and acts sweet and innocent in front of her son!!!

My mother is a widower for over a decade and was a housewife most of her life, but is always willing to help us. We ran into difficulty a few years ago and the same thing happened.
When my husband's father passed away he received nothing not even the gun and ring the father gave him while he was alive. That's the norm. But when his father was ill for 19 months, they thought nothing of picking the phone up at any time day or night to worry my husband even though we live 45 minutes away from them and his brother lives in the house. When his father passed away, he was shoved aside when funeral arrangements were being made.

They really p... me off.
adele

Return to In-Laws Talk