MIL is delusional, but I can still dream.

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

MIL is delusional, but I can still dream.

Postby WoodlandPrincess » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 am

PIL live 30 minutes from us and work in the same city as us. Just a bit of background, MIL has a high school diploma and does a government job that I would call a mid level paper pusher. Im not trying to sound mean or anything, but she doesn't have a college degree or any real experience that would enable her to promote higher than a shift supervisor, and this program would require those things. She was talking the other day about how she was going to be offered a big promotion. According to her, she would be the director for this program for the entire state. It would quadruple her salary and be a huge boost for their nonexistent retirement savings. It would also require them to move about 4 hours away from us. DH told her that if if the job were offered she would be foolish not to take it, even if it would mean relocating for 3 or 4 years. All I can think of is how awesome it would be to have them far away for awhile. I know there is no possible way that MIL would even be allowed to apply for the director job because she doesn't meet the qualifications. I just can't help but dream.
WoodlandPrincess
Fuming

Return to In-Laws Talk