Passive Battery?

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Passive Battery?

Postby Melody » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 am

I'm sure everyone has better Easter/Passover stories, but I just thought this was kind of weird. My immediate family went to DH's Aunt and Uncles house for Easter. They used to own a deli, and go ALL OUT with the egg hunt for the kids (Anyone under 25, lol) and great food and hearfelt conversation. Growing up I didn't celebrate but this has become a holiday I look forward to - because of their and DH's cousin's effort.

Anyway, Aunt is FIL's brother so he and stepmonster are always invited. She comes about 50% of the time. I've gotten to the point I avoid her completely and after many times she tried to grab me to hug me - it was too obvious that I was cringging and recoiling.

Yesterday I didn't say word one to her, but I WAS very obsorbed in a lot of great conversation with other guests. Multiple times stepmonster smacked into me when there was plenty of room to walk around. I actually didn't react BECAUSE in addition to having four kids myself, there was a guest using a walker and one who is blind, and a number who are elderly (hey it happens, right?). In fact I didn't realize it was her that smacked into me (my back, my side, etc.). This psycho is not much older than I am.

I told DH this, this morning, and did not have an insight. But really, WTF? Is she SO desperate for attention that when she's not assaulting she'll commit a little minor batter? I really wish FIL would have her committed.
Melody
Nuclear

Re: Passive Battery?

Postby JustPlainHateHer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:39 am

Gees, Melody, I can't believe that witch! One of these days someone will give her a shove, I suspect. Were you the only one getting assaulted? Sounds like a mental case to me.
JustPlainHateHer
Enraged

Postby merlina » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Next time try 'Are you drunk AGAIN? Well, really!'
merlina
Angry

Postby Melody » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Apparently she also bumped into DH's brother as well. Apparently she's on painkillers again. (I'm not sure when she's ever been off). She "had to have' surgery. She is a surgery junkie with elective and cosmetic procedures and DH told me he's pretty sure she's doing this to stock up on narcotics.

@JustPlainHateHer - you're right she is a mental case. I'm relieve that I probably wasn't targeted, but she so grabby, you just never know. (I get physically ill when she touches my kids or hubby).

@Merlina - That is a great idea, except it would be "are high AGAIN?", lol
Melody
Nuclear

Postby alonewithkids » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Melody:

My ILs that are still living are HUGE drug seekers.
They go to the Emergency Room and doctor shop.
It makes them want to use excuses constantly about their sad lives:
'I can't go to the party/celebration because I'm sick' = hung over, =without sleeping pills, = without benzodiazepams to function.
alonewithkids
Annoyed

Postby Melody » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:08 pm

@alonewithkids - kind of sick, huh? I've never seen anything like this. I used to think hospitals were being paranoid with the distribution of meds until I met wacko. DH had to have surgery a number of years ago and she "helped" him by hitting his morphine button when he was sleeping, then smeared cold sore medicine all over his face thinking it was chap stick. She also tried to push whatever crap was in her purse (that spillith over) on me when I just gave birth and was nursing. Idiot.

This same woman - if you want to call her that - goes to mutiple pharmacies and doctors to get prescriptions filled. FIL once complained in front of DH and I that they "had to fire doctor because he called her an addict." - DUH! You think?

She also makes excuses to miss parties and celebrations half the time because she is "sick" but I attributed it to her horror of not being the center of attention, lol.
Melody
Nuclear

Postby mamarama » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm

she's getting desperate! Oh, and she'll do it again. and again. and again. I usually would say to ignore her behavior because she wants to get a rise out of you, but now she's assaulting you, which cannot be ignored, so you have to confront her. I would say something like "Jane, if you are having equilibrium problems because of your meds, you should have someone drive you home before you hurt yourself or somebody else. It's inappropriate for you to be here if you can't stand up straight because of the children here, etc. If it's you and not the drugs, your little assaults will not be tolerated and I will knock you on your a$$ if you hit me again." Be sure to say this in front of as many people as you can. She'll be so embarrassed, because there is no excuse other than drugs or outright bitchery for her behavior, and she'll have to choose between the two in front of everyone. I usually don't condone physical violence, but if she knows that she'll get hit back, she might reconsider hitting you. And people who pull passive-aggressive crap are embarrassed when they get called out on it.
mamarama
Nuclear

Postby jigglypuff » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:28 pm

She desperately wants your attention. ESIL did something similar to this a few times. If I were talking with someone in her presence, she would squeak back her chair with force and anger and storm off. Causing everyone to look over at her. This was her childish, PA way to let me know she was displeased with me, as if I cared.

ESIL would never dare bump into me physically. She knows what that would result in. Besides, she's so tiny, everyone looks like a giant next to her. There's not much she can do physically so she would try to come up with other clever ways to poke at me.

If someone has to get your attention that badly, it shows how much importance you hold for them. MIL will always be haunted by you. Maybe she's on the drugs to try and forget your existence. Hopefully it will land her in the grave early.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'
jigglypuff
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:43 pm

jigglypuff wrote:If someone has to get your attention that badly, it shows how much importance you hold for them. MIL will always be haunted by you. Maybe she's on the drugs to try and forget your existence. Hopefully it will land her in the grave early.

In retrospect I think that my ESIL was also the type to seek that kind of attention. She couldn't leave us alone because she knew we had already left her alone. Her frustration was palpable in everything she wrote to us and on FB.
She also was seeking and dropping Rx pills for anything she could convince a Dr she suffered from. She died young and sad.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby Melody » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am

Thank you Mamarama - I was just letting it go, and it seems to simmer. Embarassing her seems to be the only other tactic to work. She hates looking as stupid - even though she does it so well.

@Jigglypuff - that was the first thought that crossed my mind. I don't know why she cares so much, but a few years back DH told me she was afraid of me. NEVER would this have been something I was happy about until I met this weirdo. If I bother her so much, why can't she just stay the f away? Then we'd both be happy. Oh, wait, maybe I see your point, lol.

@Rubycrownedkinglet - that is really sad. What a wasted life!
Melody
Nuclear

Return to In-Laws Talk