Strange timing

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Strange timing

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Yesterday, I told my new SIL a funny story about my my EBILs daughter, Spawn N. I couldn't remember if it was one I'd ever posted here or not. I think I posted it on the home page. I did a search of my posts for "cruise" and I found the post reporting I had written my ESIL a farewell letter and tossed it in the sea. I remembered the letter, but had deleted it from my documents after I posted it here, so I haven't read it since.

http://ihatemyinlaws.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12279&hilit=cruise

Note the date.

http://ihatemyinlaws.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12741&hilit=Ding+dong
Is that weird or what?

Although I occasionally dwell, I really have moved on in most ways. It feels good not to be burdened by guilt and what ifs. I haven't forgiven my ESIL and still hold a very low opinion of her, despite her death. I have let go of the resentment and don't feel the ill effects any more. I still contribute here, but not for my own survival, like in the beginning.

Despite her lack of gratitude or understanding of the scope of the gift, I'm happy that we made the sacrifice of gifting her DHs share of the late PILs house so now that she is gone, her kid Eddie Munster has a decent place to live. By all accounts, that was the best we could have done for his sake and for ours, so that we would be released from any responsibility for he and his shiftless DF.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Re: Strange timing

Postby whydoyouhateme? » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Whoa! That is strange!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody -- Bill Cosby
whydoyouhateme?
Infuriated

Re: Strange timing

Postby Hiddenjem » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Ironic!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Return to In-Laws Talk