SIL At It Again (Seeking Tear Wiping)

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

SIL At It Again (Seeking Tear Wiping)

Postby Yacky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Remember when I posted some time ago about how SIL posted an article on her FB page suggesting that because a couple of doctor interns in the past couple of years have committed suicide, that now everyone needs to be worried about HER mental state (she basically just likes to whine in a humble-brag kind of way "Oh, I make over $200,000/year and have a million dollar home and nearly 2 solid months of vacation time each year, (which she typically spends going on group trips around the globe each year....and not looking terribly suicidal in any of the myriad of selfies she posts while there)

....but PLEASE feel sorry for how stressful it is for her because she might have to pretend to care about her patients from time to time, those selfish b!t@#es! (she's in obstetrics...the LAST place she should be, since she once declared that women giving birth should stop whining so much and suck it up - she's never procreated, for which potential babies are most thankful).

Anyway, so she was at it again the other day, posting an article that says "Doctor suicides provoke calls for early intervention". I'm sure that interns have it tough, because they work long, hard hours (in her country, however, they get PAID, have free or severely reduced housing, and have even been known to be provided with transportation to the hospital if they live too far out from the placement). After 5 years of placements, their college degrees are paid off! I will never live long enough to see my student loans paid off!

She is no longer an intern (10 years later) and yet still whines and b!t@#es so badly at work that many of her co-workers complain about her and try to push her out and towards a different assignment. **SHE** is the orchestrater of most of the work-place stress she experiences!

I guess apparently the first article didn't get enough people reaching out to dry her tears, so she's at it again.

By the way, I am *NOT* belittling anyone who has ACTUAL suicidal thoughts and genuine depression. This girl, however, will do whatever she needs to in order to get her mummy and daddy to wipe her widdle tear-stained face, since no one else will put up with her whining and complaining anymore.
~~ Some people really need a great big high-five....to the face....with a baseball bat ~~
Yacky
Enraged

Re: SIL At It Again (Seeking Tear Wiping)

Postby archenemy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Yep, Yacky, i remember your drama queen SIL. WHY does she post all this stuff on her FB Pg, you think? For attention? Why tho, the articles on stress and suicide, always? Yet shes posting her smiling face vacation photos. so that doesnt sound like shes depressed? I dont understand why shes posting these articles in the first place. So all im thinking is for attention, and her usual drama. If she needs professional help for her own stress, Im sure its available to her right at her job. Right?
archenemy
Angry

Postby jigglypuff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Maybe she is suicidal? I mean, she's a whiny loser who is enmeshed with her dysfunctional family. A woman struggling to find an SO and a possible closeted lesbian who drinks too much. Hell, I'd probably be suicidal too dealing with all that regardless of how many lavish vacations I took.

She wants pity because she's pitiful and knows it.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'
jigglypuff
Nuclear

Postby archenemy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm

jigglypuff wrote:

Thats word i was looking for: Shes looking for PITY. I was thinking more about your post Yacky. cuz i was remembering 20+ yrs. ago; when i was severely depressed & suicidal. There seemed to be a black cloud hovering over me that i could actually see! Luckily, I got well later, all on my own. But, my point is, I unplugged my phone & wouldnt talk to or see anyone. i isolated myself. so i cant see a severely depressed person even looking at FB or posting articles there. It's like you want to disconnect yourself from the entire world. And things like FB would be completely trivial and useless. Everything seems hopeless & useless. Shes probably suffering from job stress? She could easily get help. Its as tho she WANTS to blow things out of proportion. For attention! Does she do that, Yacky?
archenemy
Angry

Postby Yacky » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

archenemy wrote:
jigglypuff wrote:

i cant see a severely depressed person even looking at FB or posting articles there. It's like you want to disconnect yourself from the entire world. And things like FB would be completely trivial and useless. Everything seems hopeless & useless. Shes probably suffering from job stress? She could easily get help. Its as tho she WANTS to blow things out of proportion. For attention! Does she do that, Yacky?

Yes, she's a HUGE drama queen in ALL situations, and always has been. She whines and cries about any "injustice" she feels (usually brought on by her own ridiculous actions or any time she opens her big mouth...often to criticize, judge, and belittle others when she's not whining that people don't tend to her every emotional need 24/7).

I'm not saying that being a doctor isn't stressful. What I'm suggesting is that she makes it MORE stressful than it needs to be by irritating all of her co-workers with her entitled whining. If she has to work a swing shift, she complains about it ENDLESSLY. When she didn't want to figure out her new lawn mower, she complained so much that her father flew hundreds of miles to come mow her lawn for her (she never had to mow the lawn at home, being the only girl she might have broken a nail so they only had the boys do the lawn-mowing). When one of her colleagues got an awesome placement that she herself wanted, she LOST HER MIND, whining to anyone who would listen that she deserved it more (even though all other things were equal, and it's very likely that her colleague was a much more cooperative staff member who was more highly recommended by their superior, who SIL irritates with her whining, so she shouldn't be surprised that she was not recommended for that post)

This is the same girl who went to Vietnam on vacation and posted on FB how "bored" she was and complained that the food was "too bland" (I'm sure those impoverished locals were super concerned about her opinions of the flavor of their food, considering many of them probably go hungry regularly).

Again, this is the same woman who complains that her patients (pregnant and laboring women) need to "suck it up and stop whining and complaining about labor pains". She has zero empathy for others and feels the entire world should bow down to her every childish temper tantrum and desire, and that she should be saved from having to do any actual work or deal with people in any way (great attitude for a doctor!).

This is the same woman who can't understand why men aren't flocking to her, since she's OBVIOUSLY a great catch with her income (but, unfortunately, most decent men would run screaming from the building after only 5 minutes of listening to her constant complaining). She seems to have it in her mind that she is "holding out" for some high-ranking man of status that will appease Mummy and Daddy's un-attainable standards. News Flash: most men of "high rank" or status would not put up with her entitled and whiny @$$ for a second.

Is she suicidal? It's possible. I find it rather unlikely. She could be depressed, and frankly I think she could benefit from a good therapist. I just feel that the therapist is going to tell her what she won't want to hear: that part of the problem is her narcissistic-and-emotionally-abusive parents, and a second part of the problem is her own damned attitude and behavior towards others, which results in people shying away from her.
~~ Some people really need a great big high-five....to the face....with a baseball bat ~~
Yacky
Enraged

Postby archenemy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am

Your SIL is a hard one to figure out! She really does act childish; and w/ the constant whining. NOBODY wants to be near a whiner at work, or anywhere else either! I would think she would have been taught empathy in her medical profession? Talking crap about women in labor is outrageous, when shes in Obstetrics. And she never went thru childbirth, herself. Why not choose to work w/ labwork, or something else then? Where she doesnt have to deal w/ patients? Also, who the heck would wanna vacation in Vietnam?? Are u kidding me?? LOL!! Just watch a war movie instead..
archenemy
Angry

Postby Yacky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 pm

archenemy wrote:Your SIL is a hard one to figure out! She really does act childish; and w/ the constant whining. NOBODY wants to be near a whiner at work, or anywhere else either! I would think she would have been taught empathy in her medical profession? Talking crap about women in labor is outrageous, when shes in Obstetrics. And she never went thru childbirth, herself. Why not choose to work w/ labwork, or something else then? Where she doesnt have to deal w/ patients? Also, who the heck would wanna vacation in Vietnam?? Are u kidding me?? LOL!! Just watch a war movie instead..

She has been emotionally stunted by her narcissistic parents (which is why she has no empathy for people - I mean, who would have ever modeled that to her??). They make her feel she can't make a single decision without their approval. They make her feel as though she's not capable of doing anything for herself, and that she's always flawed in some way.

As a result of this emotional stunting, it's as though she's a 12 year old girl stuck in a 34 year old's body. As such, she can't handle "adult" relationships with people. She's both self-absorbed (in that she craves attention from people, but who she REALLY wants it from is her own parents, who withhold it and dangle it in front of her like a carrot to manipulate her into never breaking free to make decisions for herself), as well as completely out-of-touch with the kinds of normal emotional behaviors expected of adults.

The reason she went back to OB/Gyn is because she kept flitting from one concentration to another, but kept having trouble impressing her superiors/colleagues because of her attitude (she's prone to temper tantrums when she doesn't get her own way, and just spouts off criticizing opinions of others w/o any kind of filter and w/o checking the facts of the situation first). So, after trying each concentrate, and basically being pushed out of it (and deemed not a "good match" for it), she'd move on to the next, and the next, until she ran out of directions to go in, so she settled on OB/Gyn because she made the fewest enemies in that field (that's my theory, anyway).

She's admitted she hates her job and that she felt obligated to go into medicine because her parents pressured her into it (and they suggested they'd never approve of her unless she did it, and even then they STILL don't approve of anything she does!). I suspect she's just going to suck it up and stick with this (as it is her only and last option), but keeps getting shuffled off to different hospitals around her country. One imagines that eventually she'll run out of places to run to and will end up being that staff member that everyone hates in some backwater area that needs her too desperately to push her out.
Yacky
Enraged

Return to In-Laws Talk