Dr.s visits.

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: Dr.s visits.

Postby blue iris » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 am

Just to let you all know, my cataract surgery went well, but I am going to need new prescription glasses. Not sure how long before I get those, the incision has to heal. It wasn't a difficult surgery, but feels like I have a speck in my eye. I see the dr again next week to make sure it's all going according to plan. In the meantime, I am having trouble reading since I can't see well without my glasses, and can't see well with them! :o So I won't be posting much. And no, I have never tried contacts and don't really want to.
blue iris
Fuming

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:19 pm

I wish you good recovery Blue Iris!

I am glad that the procedure went well!

Thank You for update!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm

I tried contacts a couple of times, but they never worked for me. My eyes reacted by watering constantly or drying out. I tried several kinds but I have an astigmatism and presbyopia so they were hard to find. I wore them six months or so at a time. For some reason, in some environments my eyes get red and itchy anyway, so putting contacts in just made them worse.

Once, on my way to work, they suddenly dried out so badly I had to blindly scramble to pull over the car, reach into my eyes and pull them out and toss them out the window!

My vision isn't that bad. It was always better than 20/20 until I reached 45 and needed readers. Now one eye needs distance correction a little, and I use progressive glasses which I wear most of the time. I don't really need them to watch TV or a movie, or even to drive, unless I have to read distant street signs. I wear them on the computer so I won't feel as tired, but I can get by without them.

My parents and siblings had to wear glasses from the time they were small children, so by far I'm the luckiest in the sight dept.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby IrishLass » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:58 pm

I have worn glasses since I was 11 years old. (Fabulous 45 years young now). I did have contacts in my late teens to my early 30s when my astigmatism got a bit worse, then money was tight, just so used to my glasses now.
I got the indoor, outdoor lenses that turn darker in the sunlight. They are alright, but the bifocals still throw me off sometimes.
My Mam has a pair of prescription glasses she needs only for reading and then a ton of dollar store magnifying glasses around just in case she can not find a pair. Might have to do that soon.

So glad to hear surgery went well Blue iris! I find the audio books to be really good, especially if it is a deep "sexy" voice reading. Lol
IrishLass
Fuming

Previous

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk