Can I share some good news?

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: Can I share some good news?

Postby Photomama16 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:41 am

Congratulations to all!!

Our news is, we are in the process of buying the home my great grandfather built. I love this place and spent so much time here growing up. I'm thrilled that my kids are going to be able to grow up here!
Photomama16
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Congratulations! It sounds like many good memories will,happen in your new home!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Photomama16 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Hiddenjem wrote:Congratulations! It sounds like many good memories will,happen in your new home!

Thank you :) 5 generations of our family have lived in/grown up in the house. Lots of room for my kids to play, trees, and a garden. I'm in Heaven!
Photomama16
Angry

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 pm

rubycrownedkinglet wrote:I actually have ILs to brag on! OMG, that's a first.
Two of my new nieces, whom we have grown very close to, were thrilled to announce that their choir has been chosen to perform in a concert with the group, Celtic Woman. Their whole family is very musically inclined, but at 12 and 14, this is the most exciting thing for them!
I wish we could go!

The concert was wonderful, and I got to see a bit of it on Youtube. The girls had the most wonderful time and the music was amazing. Once in a lifetime.

People tell you that music is not necessarily a viable career, and the truth is that very few people can earn a living singing, but to be afforded the opportunity to perform in front of a sold out crowd in a beautiful venue singing choir backup for a world famous singing group was something these girls will never forget. I'm sure it makes the endless practices and rehearsals they endured to become such a great choir worth it. Their group was chosen on merit and offered the opportunity just a month ago. They didn't even know they were being considered.

I still wish I could have attended and DH told me if we lived nearby them we could have gone. He is right, but yet you understand why I would hesitate to sell our house and permanently move across country to live near my new ILs. :shock:

The songs the girls sang were uplifting and spiritual, "You raise me up" and "Amazing Grace." I've watched it 3 times and cried every time.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby IrishLass » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:57 pm

So taking the wise advice on this board I told DS to start learning Spanish right now while at home for summer holidays. He "tried" to cuss me out in Spanish, but his Dad knows Spanish and called him out on it. (I tried so hard not to laugh until he was in his room.). He says after he knows Spanish well he would like to learn mandarin. (I am gonna be honest I had to look up that mandarin was an Asian language, I was the sports kid in my family, not so much a scholar.). Who knows I am grateful to get him off of the computer even if he goes to college for computers the languages he may learn will really help him out in the job market.
IrishLass
Fuming

Previous

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk