My FOO has caught the crazy bug :/

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: My FOO has caught the crazy bug :/

Postby mamarama » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:31 pm

DD is very wise and astute for her age -- just the facts that she could not only identify the problem but handle a confrontation with her grandma, an authority figure, the way she did. And for your mom to try and place the blame for her decisions on a 9 YO is pathetic and twisted. She deliberately tried to hurt your kid's feelings and manipulate her emotions by dropping dd's stuff off on the porch. She is unhealthy for your child, emotionally and physically. What if she had taken dd to that rally and, God forbid, she did get hurt? Whose fault would that be? Well, certainly not grandma's!

DD is lucky to have parents who protect her the way you do. There are many people who would tolerate this behavior and sacrifice their children on the altar of "family harmony".
mamarama
Nuclear

Postby WatchingMyBack » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Ah, too bad you didn't have a security camera on your porch to catch what might have been a priceless expression when your Not-So-DM rang the bell and found you were not at home. In my mind, she wanted to have a showdown right then and there, and was sure she was going to find you at home. She wanted to create a little drama and maybe even reduce your DD to tears?

And leaving a sewing machine on a front porch? Very careless and disrespectful of your DD.

Not-So_DM is very childish.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”
WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Postby foxmanb » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:27 am

WatchingMyBack wrote:Ah, too bad you didn't have a security camera on your porch to catch what might have been a priceless expression when your Not-So-DM rang the bell and found you were not at home. In my mind, she wanted to have a showdown right then and there, and was sure she was going to find you at home. She wanted to create a little drama and maybe even reduce your DD to tears?

And leaving a sewing machine on a front porch? Very careless and disrespectful of your DD.

Not-So_DM is very childish.

Actually, we did have a camera on the porch, she had her DS (I won't call him my brother) drop them off when they knew we wouldn't be home.

She is being extremely childish. What DW and I take away from this is that not so DM wants to make herself out to be the victim so she doesn't have to apologize. That's the bottom line. Telling our DD that we're punishing her, withholding visitation, etc is just sick. Anything to NOT be held accountable for her actions.

When all of this went down I called the fam I cared about and let them know what was going on, and that they'd probably hear some crazy shit about us, and to not believe the hype... boy was I right on that one.

To be honest, if we had withheld visitation, used visitation as a weapon against her etc, DD would hate us for it one day, maybe even now, and rightfully so, because we would have been putting her in the middle. I'm glad we're better than that.

And... thank you for the kind words mamarama.
foxmanb

Previous

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk