Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:52 am

I weighed myself today after a small breakfast and a large glass of water. I weigh 148.

It could cause the number to be a be higher than I actually weigh factoring the water.

It seems like for a while, I was working at just maintaining with no progress.

Three pounds to go for the perfectly fine weight goal with the perks of being able to wear some of my Spring and Summer clothes nicely!

Thirteen more for fitting into all my Spring and Summer clothes!

Any one else weigh in lately?

Today, I will start using our exercise bike, elipitical, hand weights, wii dance option, and the hula hoop! :D

Off to dance to "Its Raining Men!"
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:03 pm

How is everyone doing with their health and weight goals?

I am maintaining my progress but haven't lost anymore. Muscle does add weight though.

The elliptical, hand weights, and exercise bike are being used! I found a great pictures to hang behind the workout machines! It says, "Exercise? I thought you said "accessorize!" It is hot pink and has a well dressed woman's picture on it with a shocked expression! It makes me smile whenever I see it!

I set up a hot pink chair in the workout room next to a end table for breaks in front of the television too! The room needs a flower arrangement on the end table and the pink yoga mat would look nice under the elliptical machine and it will be done!

(Currently, the room has "Brady bunch" indoor / outdoor low pile green carpet on the floors and wall with bar type lighting. We took down the bar but are living with the carpet. We talked about leaving it up and sport club smoothie bar name. Then, putting a blender on the bar and stocking the fridge down there with smoothie making items! The green carpet isn't so bad! It was formers a college age males bedroom before we bought the house. The naked and topless lady wallpaper on the support pole that he had up has been removed though!)

The smoothie bar had to go because almost 18 year old son asked for his own room. He has been a good sport sharing a room with his younger brother for 3 years. We are currently finishing up his bedroom now!

I hope that everyone is healthy, happy and their life is going well! Have a wonderful day!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 am

Weigh in- 148

I look like I am getting slimmer. I can see it in my legs, stomach and face though! I must of gained muscle weight.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:29 pm

I've fluctuated up a little, but I'm back to 121.5. I was really hoping to get below 120 by April, but that's unlikely at this point. It's still possible to be done before my birthday in May though, so I'm going to keep at it. Honestly I'm happy to still be this low after consuming several boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the past month.

Congrats on the slimming! That's great if you're gaining muscle, muscle burns more calories just by existing than fat. The number on the scale is really just an estimate of your body composition, in the end it's not the most important thing!
miwako
Enraged

Postby archenemy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:28 am

I'm dieting too. i quit sugar completely. And am drinking as much ice water as i can daily. i bought lemons and limes and sliced them up. I put a lemon and lime wedge in my glass of ice water every morning. I lost 5 pounds since quitting sugar. I'm dieting to get rid of my stomach. it is going away, slowly. I dont have any workout equipment. But i am doing other exercising. I wanna fit into my old size jeans again I used to wear! Hope everyone else is losing weight, too. It takes discipline.
archenemy
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:53 pm

It sounds like you are on your way to the goal!

I have some tank tops with secret built in tummy control to wear under clothes. I have noticed when I don't wear them, I tend to have less a appetite.

We just bought more vegan cookie and cream ice cream. We have growing teenage boys who can eat a lot and not gain weight. However, that doesn't apply me. I agree that losing weight takes determination. The ice cream is so delicious!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby archenemy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Hiddenjem wrote:It sounds like you are on your way to the goal!

I have some tank tops with secret built in tummy control to wear under clothes. I have noticed when I don't wear them, I tend to have less a appetite.

I hear u on this HIDDENJEM....I like wearing baggy clothes around the house. comfortable, u know? I believe i GREW into these stupid clothes! Thinking of throwing all my baggy stuff in trash. no kidding! So i know what u mean about the tank tops that have built in control thingys. I want to know my TRUE weight and not hide within these baggy clothes. the clothes literally CAUSE me to gain weight. i think oh my clothes arent tight, i can eat everything i want! Doesnt work that way. how much did u lose? I lost 6 lbs so far! YAY! U should only expect to lose 1-2 lbs a week, i read. it takes time and changing our eating habits. i changed my bad habits drastically so i want more results! Gotta just be PATIENT
archenemy
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:53 pm

I bagged up my baggy clothes as I lost the weight last time (lost quite a bit 30 ibs years ago.) It helped. I had a no elastic waist allowed "rule" except for exercise or sleeping too. Then, when goal weight was met, donated everything "general" from two sizes up from ideal weight. In fact, I kept losing accidently and became too thin!

I now, have a box of only the "favorite" clothing that is two sixes up and two sizes down from my "favorite weight." I kept jeans and dresses in those sizes and donated the last.

Life happens. Midwest winters are long. I am human. I ate out of boredom, didn't move enough, etc. Weight can creep on. Bad events happened. I coped with them by eating. Bad choice.

Now, I am focused on maintaining a move more lifestyle, toning up and gaining muscle. I have lost around 8 to 10 pounds. I can see five to ten pounds being a "vague" goal. It just depends how clothes fit and factoring in muscle. If I want to wear a bikini or tankini 15 pounds. I can already see improvement in the mirror!

Today I went to a health fair and weighed in on a doctors office scale. I was wondering how accurate my scale is in comparison and it passed the test! (My bmi is in the normal / healthy range already right now. Yet, I could lose 10 or more and still be in a healthy bmi range as well! My goal is to change my life (again) and maintain moving more, less tv, less stress eating, and eating small portions /many small meals verses three regular ones.

Wishing you and everyone success in their goals! We can do it!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby archenemy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:21 am

Hiya Hiddenjem...Do you notice from restricting on diet; that u crave carbs? And will pig out on them once every 2 wks. or so? I did that yesterday! I tried cutting out carbs and ive already stopped sugar. Carbs are my favorite things to eat. Dieting has got me a little down. cuz it takes so long to see my scale move! But i guess it takes time, right? Hope you are doing well. You sound like you have a good fitness plan!
archenemy
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 am

Carbs are not on my list to eliminate from my meals. In my situation, what works is portion control and small frequent meals. I restrict sugar though. I quit candy, television watching, and gum.

I wish you much success!

My every few days weigh in show that I am maintaining the 8 to 10 weight reduction! Maintaining and toning up is my current focus.

I will lose more weight with when we open our pool soon! It takes a lot of work to maintain it, offers excellent muscle toning, and offers excellent general daily exercise! Ironically, I don't care for swimming (but know how to swim.) it is good exercise just to walk around in a pool so I vacuum it and skim it while in the pool verses walking around it.

Plus, the dogs are loving the walks. They expect them now! Win for dogs and myself!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby archenemy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 am

Double win hiddenjem! I think swimming is the best exercise? I am bored w/ how long weight loss takes. but im not stopping. yep, i noticed i eat too much while watching TV. so i tried to stop doing that, but i still do. also every other commercial theyre showing some yummy, high-calorie food. pizza, cheeseburgers, etc. Makes me hungry. i think thats what they want; is person to leave house to go & buy their food. Anyways, u are doing really good!
archenemy
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:24 am

Thank you Archnenemy.

The commercials and watching people eat on sitcoms causes me to become hungry as well.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby archenemy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:13 am

Hiya Hiddenjem...yep, i have BAD habit of watching TV while eating TOO much. i started eating at my nice kitchen table! Its just me & my DH. So he piles up table w/ all of his work papers. Its more his 2nd desk, now! Is why i dont sit there more often! Hard for me to dust the wood, also, piled up like that! Do U find your scale going up and down 2-3 lbs? Like i lose, then i put it back on! I dont stay hard & firm on myself. I get LAX. So I gotta kick it up a notch again. Dieting EQUALS Discipline. U gotta be so strict, to get results.
archenemy
Angry

Postby archenemy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:18 am

miwako wrote:I've fluctuated up a little, but I'm back to 121.5. I was really hoping to get below 120 by April
That's great if you're gaining muscle, muscle burns more calories just by existing than fat. The number on the scale is really just an estimate of your body composition, in the end it's not the most important thing!

HI miwako! So U fluctuate, like me? I lost 3 lbs, then i gained it back. So annoying! How's your progress going, as of today?
archenemy
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Archenemy, try not to be discouraged over the scale's readings. Maybe even weigh yourself less! I know that you are making good decisions and it is leading to you making it to your goal. You are on your way!

------------

I average 148 when I weigh in in the morning average of twice a week. (The majority of my summer clothes will fit with 11 pounds more weight loss.)

The way it tends to work is that I get "stuck" at a weight and maintain it. Then, suddenly weight just falls off and I am back to my goal. However, winter comes and 15 or so pounds finds me again........ And repeat!

I am currently in 8's in shorts, small and mediums in dresses, small and medium in tops. My stomach muscles and arms are sore from cleaning/ maintaining the pool, planting flowers, yard maintance,etc. I actually have started getting compliments on my legs, having a cute figure for dresses etc!

Muscle weighs more than fat so I am downplaying what the scale says and noticing the muscle tone and soreness as good signs!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

PreviousNext

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk