Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Postby archenemy » Tue May 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Only 10 more pounds of disgusting fat to lose! Then ill be at my GW..Goal Weight! Y.A.Y.!!! How're you doing today? I was weighing myself too often, youre right! Also, im constantly drinking liquids, which could read on scale, I found out Hiddenjem.
archenemy
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 pm

Congratulations Archenemy!

I know that you can do make your goal! :D

--------

My goal is continue with the no television, keep on moving, maintain what I have lost, lots of small meals, and love myself!

I weighed in at 147 the other day for my weekly morning weigh in. (It is a one pound weight loss based on my average morning weight.)

Meanwhile, where I am right now is pretty good for summer clothes!

i suspect that I could lose a bit more (5 to 10 pounds) for bathing suit wearing reasons.

It will happen and everyday is a new opportunity to do my best!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Fri May 05, 2017 12:46 pm

120.5. I'm so close to getting below 120. I hope 115 is low enough, because honestly I don't want to do this anymore. I'm tired of waiting until I'm smaller to sew for myself. I have a number of things I want to do, and putting them off is just making me depressed. So I think I'm done in July, wherever I end up.
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Miwako,

I feel like we are thinking along the same lines on the topic. The goal of wherever you end up as a finish line is what sounds to me too. It is important that we keep healthy balance in our lives. The cut off in July so you can moved ahead with your sewing etc is a good one!

I am proud of you for taking steps to be happy with your body, general health and to be happy!

I understand where you are coming from!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby JustPlainHateHer » Wed May 10, 2017 10:52 am

I still have ten ponds to lose. Have found diet doctor online web helpful.
JustPlainHateHer
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Wed May 10, 2017 1:22 pm

I am happy for you to have found that site!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Well it's July and I'm at 120 flat. I wanted to be further than this but I had some setbacks. I had hoped losing 15 lbs would make a visible difference, but it's less noticeable than I'd hoped.

I'm going to split the difference and keep watching what I eat but start getting back to my projects.
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Congratulations Miwako!

We are all our worst critics. I bet the weight loss is more norticable than you realize! I am so proud of you!

I have been there after meeting a weight loss goal. I suspect I had a air brushed image in my mind of what the weight loss would look like in hindsight.

------

Update- I am a work in progress. I am 14 to possibly 20 pounds away from a general goal.

What happened?

Pickle flavored potatoe chip cravings that weren't resisted

Too much tv while laying down

Enjoyed a few too many naps

Dairy free Ice cream cravings that weren't resisted

Lost motivation to look and feel my best

------------
Current plan

----------

No desserts

No chips

No tv until after 5

Then only limited to an hour

Move body more

Watch portion sizes

Small meals more often

No food after 6 at night (or within two or three hours of going to bed)
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Mara » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:29 pm

I haven't read all the recent posts on this thread, but I am approximately 20 lbs over my good weight. I was in excellent shape a few years after my first child, but I don't think I ever lose the last ten lbs after my second child, and now still 20 lbs over after my third.

I'd love to exercise more and get back to that place but life is just too busy and stressful. I'm trying to focus on eating healthy and not worrying about the scale for now. I definitely stress eat!
Mara
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:18 pm

I understand Mara all too well.

It is tough changing my coping mechanism "stress eating" into something else.

The reality that is my life factored in with stress eating led to my weight gain.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby archenemy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 pm

HI Hiddenjem! How are you doing? Your current plan you wrote about in July, is on point, all the way. So I lost 25 pounds total. I reached my GW and got small again. I'm only 5'1". Very short! Keep filling up on More Water. Add that to your Plan. But otherwise, your plan is pretty much exactly what i did. Oh, I jogged a very short distance, daily. Not far. I smoke. And if you ask me, that really affects trying to run. I can feel that crap, shortness of breath. Cuz i just smoked a cigarette before my jog. LOL. I noticed i should wait 15 minutes after smoking! Then it was easier for me to run. I hope Everyone here meets their weight loss goals! The Key to me; seems to be alotta Water & small portions.
archenemy
Angry

Postby bsfighter1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm

I gained a lot of weight after the trouble started with my ils. I had lost a considerable amount of weight after my firstborn and was looking fabulous, and then things crumbled right after that, not only with the il crap, but the place I was working for at the time was highly toxic too. To be completely honest, part of the reason I was killing myself to lose that chunk of weight was to impress the people around me, including the ils for sure! It wasn't a lifestyle, it was just about looking great for others which I'm sad to admit, so obviously it fell a part when those 'others' didn't accept me anyway.

Throughout the 8 years of il hell and then cut off, I've gained and lost, and gained some more, until I was back to square one at the weight I was when pregnant! It's only in the past few months that I said enough was enough, and I've been consistently losing weight since, but this time it's for ME and I'm taking my time losing it so that new habits actually form. For me, taking steps to not only lose the weight, (as well as looking at other areas of my health and wellbeing) is about so much more to me this time than only numbers on a scale. It's about recovering from emotional trauma, and gradually taking my life back again now that the acute pain I suffered after the il experience and other situations has thankfully subsided. Good luck to all on your health journey!
"I've learned that with narcs, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, it makes the heart grow free."
bsfighter1
Infuriated

Postby Annabelle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:41 am

I have been following SureSlim for 2 1/2 weeks and and I have lost 16 pounds! I am pretty happy with that, although I know that the weight loss will start to slow down now. I would love to talk to others who are doing SureSlim, I would like to hear how you are doing and get any advice that is available. :)
Annabelle
Annoyed

Previous

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk