Resource Database

Have an idea to make the site better? Let us know about it!

Moderator: Phred

Resource Database

Postby CoffeeLeaf » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Heya,

I've been thinking. Every time we get a new member, we like to tell them about our favorite books and articles that will help them wrap their heads around the very situation they're in.

I think it'd be great if there was a dedicated page with links to all of our favorite resources, quality tested by the experts/survivors here. I'm not asking for a big, complicated affair, but, if it were possible to back-up some of the articles (with the author's permission, of course) that would be a bonus.

The page would also have book recommendations, sporting only a small blurb about why this community in particular likes it.

This could easily be a topic page, but, I would suggest a very clean one, perhaps as a culmination of what this thread becomes. After all, Phred can't always be stressed to deal with things like that.

My favorites are listed here, although, I'm a bit out of practice, and haven't looked at this sort of thing in sometime. My ILs were mostly happy to go away, and I was very fortunate.

Toxic In-laws, by Susan Forward. Seems a popular choice to most.
https://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Laws-Strat ... B003WJRE4Q

Also, I would recommend "favorite threads" and favorite posts, so, don't feel shy about posting snipits from around the forums, or even from around the web. Never know, it could be just what someone needs. I'm really fuzzy brained right now, and I can't think, but, I'll do my best to put it together myself if I have to. Might have to get there in chunks, though. :?
CoffeeLeaf
Infuriated

Re: Resource Database

Postby Phred » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:52 am

If everybody lists their favorites, I'm happy to combine the results into a single listing at the top of the intro post.
Fred
Site Admin
Phred
Site Admin

Re: Resource Database

Postby CoffeeLeaf » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:43 pm

Thank you! I'll commence listing, then. Please forgive double posts, if necessary.
CoffeeLeaf
Infuriated

Return to Suggestion Box