Protecting Your Account

The latest happenings at IHateMyInlaws.com

Moderator: Phred

Protecting Your Account

Postby Phred » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 pm

I was recently made aware of a user's account that MAY have experienced an attempted hack. Thankfully, the forum software locks an account after a three failed login attempts, but that does not prevent someone hacking your account if you use a simple password.

So, the best way to protect your account is to make sure you use a safe password. Microsoft has a great online utility that will test the security of your password or any new password you think of: http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourse ... ecker.mspx

I recommend that all users have a password that rates a minimum of "STRONG" and highly recommend you use a password that rates "BEST." If your current password rates "WEAK" or "MEDIUM," you should create a new password immediately.
Fred
Site Admin
Phred
Site Admin

Re: Protecting Your Account

Postby Are_You_Kidding_Me! » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi there...
I would say it's been about a week or so since I've gotten on the forum, and today when I went to log in the first time it told me my account has reaced the maximum number of log in attempts and sent me to a different screen. I am assuming someone tried to hack my account, but couldn't get the right password...just wanted to let you know :)
Are_You_Kidding_Me!
Enraged

Return to News and Announcements